Cleans the registry to speed up your computer and stop program crashes. Tired of Windows crashing? Sick of having software lock up on you or taking forever to load? The problem could be all of those incorrect registry entries caused by software installations and un-installations that went awry! Not all software un-installations do a complete job leaving behind numerous nagging file references in the Windows registry pointing to files that no longer exist. In time, you can end up with hundreds of these files that may slow down your computer and cause software to lock up, requiring a hard reboot of your computer. Also, if you've moved your programs from one drive to another, you can break the file links that a program needs. Registry First Aid will find these files and folders that you've moved on your hard drive and help you correct the registry entries that point to them. Registry First Aid scans registry for orphan file/folder references, finds these files or folders on your drives that may have been moved from their initial locations, and then corrects your registry entries to match the located files or folders. In addition, if your registry has links to files of deleted applications, Registry First Aid will find these invalid entries and remove them from your registry. With Registry First Aid, your Windows registry will be always clean and correct, helping your programs load faster and speeding up your computer. Main features:
- Find invalid file/folder references in Windows 8/7/Vista/XP/98/ME/2003/2000 registry.
- Select drives and paths where to search registry referenced files/folders.
- Select found matches to make corrections to invalid registry entries.
- Delete incorrect registry references to previously un-installed files or folders.
- Create undo files in RegEdit4 format, so you always can restore Windows registry to the original state.This Special Platinum release set of tools also includes:
- Auto Start Programs: You can disable and enable programs that are listed in the "Run" entries of the registry. This is a great tool if you need to temporarily disable items from running during the computer start-up and then later re-enable them.
- Add/Remove Programs: Over time the Add / Remove Programs section of the registry may become full of programs that failed to be properly removed from the registry by software uninstalls that went awry. You can manage the Add / Remove section of the Registry with this tool.
- Open With Dialog: You can manage your registry's information settings which hold the information for Windows on which file types are automatically opened by the various programs installed on your computer with this tool.
- Defragmentation of registry files.
- Creation and comparison registry snapshots, reviewing changes made to the registry, creation "undo" and "redo" files for any modified registry key.
- New Internet Explorer plugin for the Platinum version allows user to manage Browser Helper Objects (BHO), Internet Explorer menus and toolbars.Note: This license allows you to install and use one copy of Registry First Aid Platinum on up to 5 computers in the same household. This offer does not extend to business or commercial users.